Monday, August 31, 2020

Online seminar for China


I did an online seminar for Chinese audiences.


I thought that there is no abroad job of my office this year, because trip abroad has been banned due to avoiding the COVID-19 infection and its pandemic would not be cool down until the end of this year.


However, a job has come from China at the end of May.


The request was a web seminar about the water purification technology of Japan. I accepted the request with confidence, because I attended the Zoom webinar many times recently.


However, the client said that the webinar tool we will use is not Zoom but WeChat or WeLink.


So, I had to familiarize the new tools completely before the seminar.


On the day of the seminar, I lectured about 2.5 hours by using the Powerpoint. Because I could not see faces of audiences, I didn’t feel their reaction. I could hear only translator’s voice. I felt tired more than conventional style lecture I used to do many times in the past.


After the seminar, the client informed me as follows,

The number of audience : about 40

Position : staffs of environmental companies, other companies, government officials, professors

Reputation : Good


So, I could feel satisfaction.


I hope that some jobs will come to me from the audience who attended the seminar. If the restriction of trip abroad will be loosed some day, I’ll go to China and do business.



No comments:

Post a Comment